Welcome to Citizens for an Informed Yorktown
An informed and involved electorate is the key to a better Yorktown.
It's our town. Make it work for us!
Citizens for an Informed Yorktown (CIY) is a non-partisan grassroots community organization whose goal it is to:
· Inform residents about what's happening in our community.
· Increase the level of resident participation in town affairs.
· Influence town policy through research, education and advocacy.
· Attend both the regular meetings and work sessions of the Town Board and Planning Board and prepare factual summaries of each meeting that are shared with the community on the CIY web page, linked to Facebook and distributed to subscribers via email.
· Ask questions and make statements at public hearings and at appropriate board meetings on issues of importance to the town.
· Study issues of concern to the town and make appropriate recommendations.